- Restylane is an injectable gel-like solution that helps reverse the signs of aging by reducing wrinkles and tightening skin in the face and hands
- These injections also increase volume in the cheeks, temples and lips to enhance facial contours
- Restylane injections are best suited for adults over the age of 21 who are looking for a simple rejuvenating treatment with minimal downtime.
Restylane at The MIM Med Spa
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that develops naturally in the body and helps balance the skin’s moisture levels by binding to water molecules. This not only keeps skin hydrated, but also plays a key role in maintaining its elasticity, volume and smoothness.
Unfortunately, with age, hyaluronic acid production diminishes which causes skin to be dryer, thinner and more prone to sagging and developing wrinkles. Restylane uses hyaluronic acid as its base substance and is effective in counteracting these negative effects by injecting this youth-preserving substance back into the skin.
Restylane fillers are available in five different formulations which are each customized to address specific aesthetic concerns:
- The original Restylane formulation is a tried-and-true option; it is most effective for reducing facial wrinkles and folds, but can also be used for lip enhancement and to restore volume in the face
- Restylane Defyne smoothes out deep lines and wrinkles in the face, especially pronounced laugh lines around the mouth
- Restylane Refyne is also suited to diminishing wrinkles around the mouth, but is formulated to give a subtler, more natural look
- Restylane Silk is injected directly into the lips for a natural, plumping effect; it can also reduce the look of fine lines around the mouth
- Restylane Lyft is best suited to enhancing volume and can be used not only on the face but on the hands
Why Choose Us for Restylane?
We offer expert service, quality care and superior results to those in the Matthews, NC area. Contact us to find out how you can achieve a fresh, new look and see first-hand why we have earned the trust of our valued patients:
- Our practice has offered dermal filler treatments since 2018 with results that are consistently high quality
- Our practitioners, Dr. Eliza Sangmuah and Dr. Eugene Sangmuah have over 25 years of experience in the medical field, and are certified in Advanced Injectables
- We offer one-on-one consultations and work directly with our clients to develop personalized treatment plans to successfully address their individual needs
Before and After Photos
Please note the patients featured in these images may have undergone additional cosmetic treatments to enhance the effects of their Restylane injections. This photo gallery does not guarantee that everyone who undergoes Restylane injections will obtain these or similar results.
Best Candidates for Restylane
The best candidates for Restylane are adults over 21 years of age who are looking for a noninvasive treatment that will:
- Improve their facial contours
- Smooth out fine lines
- Restore lost facial volume
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
With its many formulations, Restylane is a highly versatile option and can be injected almost anywhere, such as:
- Around the eyes
- Around the nose and mouth
What to Expect from your Restylane Treatment
For best results, it is recommended to avoid using blood thinners (such as aspirin) and alcohol 3–5 days prior to your appointment as these substances can cause increased bruising at the injection site.
The first step is marking the injection sites to pinpoint your target areas. Next, the practitioner will disinfect these areas thoroughly to reduce the risk of infection and then inject the Restylane filler in the targeted areas. Expect to feel only a slight pinching sensation; Restylane contains a mild numbing agent (lidocaine) which significantly reduces discomfort for most patients.
Lastly, your practitioner will gently massage the area to ensure a natural-looking appearance and even distribution of the filler. The total treatment time should not take more than half an hour.
Immediately afterward, you may follow your normal routine, however in order to achieve best results you are advised to avoid hot temperatures, sun tanning, strenuous exercise and excessive touching or massaging of the injected area.
You’ll be able to see the effects of your Restylane injections immediately after treatment. The final result, however, will appear within a few days, after the filler softens under your skin.
Alternative or Complementary Services
If Restylane is not right for you, or you would like to add-on additional treatments, we offer a wide range of other services. Excellent options comparable to Restylane include:
- Juvederm, a similar dermal filler with a smoother formulation that is better suited to filling in very fine lines
- Botox, another injectable to help reduce and prevent movement-induced wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that cause them
- PRP injections diminish not only fine lines and wrinkles, but also acne scars, stretch marks and enlarged pores by using your own platelets to encourage healing and collagen production
Should you wish to choose a treatment other than injections, we would be pleased to discuss alternatives such as:
- Microdermabrasion, a skin resurfacing treatment that improves your skin texture and tone by gently removing dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil to reveal the layer of fresh, healthy skin underneath
- Celluma LED therapy renews the skin using painless, low-level light waves which increase collagen production (reducing wrinkles and improving skin elasticity), eases inflammation and treats acne
- Chemical peels deeply exfoliate the skin without harsh abrasives to reduce the look of fine lines, acne scars and hyperpigmentation
How Much does Restylane Cost?
The cost of Restylane treatments at The Med Spa at MIM will vary depending on your specific needs. The cost will be affected by both the amount of filler used and the length of the treatment. For more information or a cost estimate, please contact us for a personal consultation.
Book Your Restylane Consultation
We are proud to offer cosmetic services to patients from Matthews, Charlotte, Monroe, Indian Trail, Mint Hill and Lake Park NC!
We look forward to collaborating with you to restore a youthful look that you deserve. If you would like to know more about Restylane, or are considering other similar cosmetic treatments, contact us to book your personal consultation today.
Juvederm has a smoother, silkier texture, making it a better choice for addressing very fine lines; Restylane is somewhat thicker, which enables practitioners to better manipulate it to a certain shape (which makes it suited to facial contouring) and works well for very deep lines. Restylane is also typically less expensive than Juvederm, however, its effects tend to fade sooner.
If you’re interested in dermal fillers, consult our practitioners to find out whether Restylane or Juvederm is the better option for you!
Both Restylane and Botox have their merits. Which option is best for you will depend on your personal goals and the specific concerns you want to address.
Botox reduces wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movements and can prevent these wrinkles from forming. It works particularly well for wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes. Because it impedes muscle movement, however, it can result in a less natural look. The effects typically last about 4 months.
Restylane fills in fine lines and wrinkles caused either by movement or by dehydrated and aged skin. Unlike Botox which is a liquid, Restylane has a gel-like consistency that maintains its shape when injected and is therefore more effective in restoring volume to the face. This filler has a more natural look than Botox and typically lasts longer, anywhere from 6–18 months.
Although Restylane is generally safe, some common side effects can include:
Most of these side effects are mild, and should disappear within a week or two.
Some rare side effects of this treatment include:
- Allergic reaction
- Scarring or hyperpigmentation
Restylane fillers typically last between 6 and 18 months depending on the site of injection and the amount of filler used.
Interested in combining Evolve with some of our other services?